Friday, February 04, 2011

Ruffles & Ribbon



Finished!!!!! I received an order for this Baby blanket on January 22nd... and the shower was February 5th! I had made this pattern once before so I new I had time, but I didn't want to be down to the wire so I have done nothing but crochet for days!!! :( My wrist was actually starting to ache from the amount of time I spent on this thing! LOL! I used pattern #14 Ruffles & Stripes from the Leisure Arts book #3267 Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans

The only change I made was to make the center solid rather than striped. I think it makes the ruffles pop out even more this way. :)

I'm now working on  pattern #19 Charming from the same book for my cousin and his wife's bun in the oven! They're expecting a boy!!!! I haven't had the chance to make very many boy blankies so I was tickled, plus it's a surprise for them!

When I knew Resident Evil: Afterlife was close to being released my little man and I started watching the 3 previous movies together. I had hoped my daughter would also watch them so the 3 of us could spend some time snuggled in bed giggling and fighting over who has more blanket but she wasn't interested. :(
We finally got to watch the latest movie and my son was soooo impressed with it! LOL! My husband actually popped into the room to see why we were making so much noise! LMAO! There were a few parts that we couldn't resist talking over during the movie. I'm so glad he's 11 now and can hold a decent convo about everyday things!!! We enjoyed ourselves immensely and he's already talking about a 5th movie! ♥

The three of us have also been watching Prison Break on Netflix. We watched the last episode last night! The kids weren't die hard viewers like me so I had to keep catching them up when they would decide to pop in and catch an episode. I have a DVD of Prison Break: The Final Break. It's supposed to be a continuance of the season finale... I'm sceptical but we are gonna watch it tonight when the kids get home from school.
I'll try to remember to post a review later! ;-)

No comments: