Thursday, May 15, 2008

Save The Drama For Your Momma

Mother's Day May 2008 - Share on Ovi
I know Mother's day was several days ago, but I really have not had time to share mine with you. Mine actually started the night before. my little kitkat just couldn't wait to give me my present so I got it a day early.
Mother's Day May 2008 - Share on Ovi
Isn't it fabulous!?!?!?! I also found a couple of pink pails and planted some geraniums in them
so my side porch is going to be so bright this summer! I'm way excited.
After gift receiving my Mom decided to keep the kids that evening so I also got to sleep in on Mommy's Day morning!
After waking and getting all the regular morning things out of the way I went to a local shop and bought two of the best pies ever; coconut cream for my Mom and lemon meringue for moi. I am usually super opposed to buying baked goods, but it was Mother's Day I was not making my own dessert... and Bricker's Pies actually do taste almost homemade. :)
My Mom (who was not opposed to cooking on her special day) made us chicken cacciatore (my fav) and my sis made a delicious salad... it was fantastic. I wish I could share with you all- not really- it was super good and so I am glad I got to eat it all! ;)
My Mommy really loved the sheet set I bought her. I know sheets, what kind of gift is that for Mother's Day? Entirely too practical. I agree, but she had mentioned earlier that week that she bought a new pillow top/mattress cover and her sheets no longer fit the bed... she also mentioned that she had not had a new set since the last set I had bought her for Christmas (I think). So when she opened the sheets (which I wrapped in the Wal-Mart bag :(...) you would have thought I had given her jewelry. It was cute and I am glad she liked them.
Later that day I received a most unexpected gift from my little sis!
Mother's Day May 2008 - Share on Ovi
Beautiful isn't it. Imagine if I had my hair and face fixed... it was Mother's day I didn't have to be pretty for anyone. I bought these fabulous shoes!!
to go with. They are slightly less dark in person. Now I am on the hunt for some divinely beautiful red jewelry and maybe a sexy little clutch. You would think they would have had a handbag to match the damned shoes... but no that makes too much sense- right?

So all in all it was an incredibly sweet, non dramatic, yummy day!


No comments: