Tuesday, May 27, 2008

harumph

My shower looks like the body wash department in any given chain store. Each member of my family prefers a different soap/body wash
...and the kids use different shampoo than I do too!!!!

Recently it would seem my daughter and I are in some kind of a contest to see who can stockpile more bottles on the built in shelves of the shower stall...

Today I decided to try out the Strawberry Puree I bought for a ridiculous price at The Body Shop in the airport while I waited for my flight a few weeks ago. It was a cute kit that had 3 small body washes, 1 small lotion, some vitamin e, a urine sample size bottle of white musk and some other stuff I don't remember. Mostly I loved the pink foil bag it all came in and I was buying a mascara and just happened to spend enough to get the whole kit and caboodle for like $5!! :)

I'm a sap when it comes to spend-'x'-amount-to-get-this-wonderful-sample-bag-of- a-bunch-of-crap-you'll-never-use-for-the-low-low-price-of-'x'-amount-of-$$...

So tonight I decide to start using up one of these small bottles that are floating around the shower. The shower gel smelled yummy. Not exactly, but a lot like strawberry puree as advertised. The strawberry puree lotion on the other hand, ugh :(( smells just like play-dough on my skin. Blyuck, kuck, gross. I smell like warm mushy dough... I will not be using this again!

I often have the problem that most scents smell wonderously delicious in the bottle, but sadly stink like a musty old basement on me :( It really saddens me to no end when I am in Bath & Body sniffing until my sniffer just will not work. For the past 16-17 years I have been wearing the same old stuff.
It smells good, so everyone tells me... but sometimes I just want a change and have very little choice since my body rejects all yummy smells. :(
The one thing I have tried recently that actually smelled on me just like it did in the bottle is this.
Sadly it is discontinued I think... It makes you sparkle and it smells just like a raspberry/vanilla/sugar. ;)

No comments: