Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tip Toeing Thru the Tulips

I've started a new project... because I lost my 'c' hook that I was using on the babette. :( I have 3 of every hook but this particular one, so until I find it or get to the store I have started a new pattern.

It's a book I've had for several years ( A Crocheter's Garden of Afghans) and I think this will be the 1st pattern I've made out of it. It's called 'Teatime Tulips'.
May31_2008 013 - Share on Ovi

I messed up the ends of this first strip, but didn't realize it until the 4th round was complete. I am not willing to frog it and start over so maybe nobody will notice. :( I was considering making it for me to use on the porch swing, but hadn't decided for sure until I realized my mistake. If i had someone in mind for this particular project I could redo the mistake on each one-- but it was actually harder to screw it up!!! This is the 1st time I've used
Lion Brand® Homespun® Yarn
and I must say it isn't what I expected. I love the feel of it, but the cut ends are so much more wispy than I imagined and it splits so easily! I think when I am finished it will be cozy, but I'm glad I got it on sale. (3 for the price of 1!!!)

1 comment:

KrisCe said...

Homespun yarn is really cozy. Oh by the way I just tagged you.