Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Projects

In the heat of the summer (though the temps haven't been too bad here in West Virginia) is the time I always end up starting and hopefully finishing all my big projects. Painting, staining, refinishing furniture...
This summer is no exception. I have 2 bedroom doors that are in serious need of some paint! Trim that will need painted if it ever gets mounted to the kitchen walls. :(
I've started the staining process for 3 thresholds. This is one of the doorways in question...
This is one of the pieces I finished staining!!!
(It still needs a few more coats of polyurethane.)

Actually the one was finished last summer, but never put down in the doorway... I really need to figure this carpentry shit out if I want this house to ever be finished. Since I already did the 1st one last year I now have to mix the stains to match it up to the original. You would think I would have written the recipe down or saved some from last year-- but you would then be wrong. I had no thoughts of doing the next 2. I was so excited with thoughts of the 1st one being put on the floor, I seriously blocked out the fact that there would be 2 more. Well now I am working on the next 2 and the 1st hasn't even been put where it should be |:(
Maybe he was waiting so he could swear at them all together. ;)

On a slightly happier and much less whiney note I am working on the new "bonnet" for Paula and I think it is turning out nicely!!! Just a few more rows of shells and it should be complete. Maybe I'll take it out on the porch swing tonight and finish it up whilst listening to some Siouxsie & the Banshees...

PS
Check out that cute ass airbrushing on my thumb
Thanks to Steph the owner of Dazzlin' Dezignz in East Liverpool, Ohio.
She doesn't have a website :( but is opening a new shop!!!!
She gives me a fab set of nails every 2 weeks and these are one of my favorites!!

No comments: