Sunday, January 09, 2011

Give me 45 minutes

and a ball of yarn and I'll return the favor with a pair of these cozy handwarmers!
I made my sister's girlfriend a pair from a different pattern last year and Ash confiscated them, so I decided to make Ash a pair of her very own! I used Caron Eco in "Forrest Floor" for Ashley's.
Since they worked up so quick and are so soft and warm Caitlyn declared I should also make some for us!



 Hers are done in Caron Simply Brites "Watermelon".
Mine are done in Caron Simply Soft "Autumn Red" and some dark gray that I don't remember the name of.







I'm also working on a Gir hat for Cait. She loves the cartoon Invader Zim and I saw some patterns on Etsy, but didn't want to spend the money :( I decided to make a simple earflap hat and added the embellishments. I'm still working on the eyes. I had trouble with the size the 1st 2 times I started on them... I have one almost finished and I think it's a good size this time around! I'm hoping to finish them up in the morning. :)
I'm not in love with his nose, but I gave up on it. I think when I make the next one for my son I might just stitch it directly onto the hat to get a better shape!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: